Westchester & Rockland County Family Lawyers
Call Today! 914.873.4410

Visitation Rights Attorney in Westchester County

Advocating for What's Best for Your Child in a Divorce

At Friedman & Friedman PLLC, Attorneys at Law, we firmly believe that every parent should have the right to participate in their child's life when it is possible, reasonable, and safe. In cases where parents are divorced or separated, the child's best interests should be at the forefront of all family law decisions that involve them. When you turn to our firm for help, you can rest assured that we have the knowledge and experience necessary to handle your case with the diligence and care it deserves. Attorney Andrea Friedman is committed to pursuing the protection of our clients' rights throughout Westchester County.

Does your ex-spouse have full custody of your children? We can help you fight for that visitation rights to maintain a relationship with your kids. On the other hand, if you are the parent with custody and you need to prevent your ex-spouse from obtaining visitation rights due to concerns of child abuse, neglect, or similar circumstances, then our Westchester visitation rights lawyers are prepared to stand by your side and to advocate for what is best for your child.

Contact us online or call our office at (914) 873-4410 to consult a Westchester County visitation lawyer.

The Who, When & How of Visitation Rights

  • WHO Can Request Visitation Rights? - Any parent who does not have custody of their child/children can file a visitation rights petition with the Family Law Court against the parent who has custody.
  • WHEN Should I Petition for Visitation Rights? - A parent who does not have custody of their child/children can petition for visitation rights at any time. Keep in mind that the sooner you take action, the sooner your case will be concluded.
  • HOW Do I Petition for Visitation Rights? - Go to the Family Law Court and obtain the necessary paperwork. We strongly recommend that you review and complete the documents with the guidance of an attorney. You will then return to Family Law Court and submit your petition with the clerk. You can request to have your case referred to mediation to be resolved out of court, or you can request to have your case litigated before a judge if it is a contested issue.

Contact a Westchester County Visitation Lawyer Today

Children are a central part of any parent's life, so it is not surprising that child custody, child support, and visitation rights are often the most highly contentious segments of divorce proceedings. We know that you have your child's best interests in mind, and that you want them to grow up to be as happy as healthy as they can.

We also believe that the participation of both parents, when possible, is an integral element in achieving this goal. No two situations are exactly alike, particularly when it comes to such complex areas of family law, so no one can truly advise you on your options until they have heard the extent of your case. Go ahead and give us a call to discuss your case immediately, so that we can get started working towards a solution.

Let Us Provide the Compassionate Care You Deserve.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.